This site is dedicated to providing accurate information about psychiatric medications including their addictive nature and how to get help.
The following pages are resources you'll find useful in researching benzodiazepines (benzos) specifically and finding help if you need it.
Please read our disclaimer:
- PMAG does not provide individual advice or respond to individual requests for assistance.
- We encourage you to seek qualified medical support.
If you need help recovering from benzo addiction, these resources can help:
- Self-Help and Support Groups
- Benzo Help Blog: Benzodiazepine and Sleeping Pill Addiction, Tapering & Recovery
- Benzodiazepine Recovery Tips
Ashton Resources for Health Professionals
Dr. Heather Ashton's Maine Benzodiazepine Conference Presentations (Oct./05)
- 1st presentation Overprescribing of Benzodiazepines: Problems and Resolutions
- 2nd presentation History of Benzodizaepines: What the Textbooks May Not Tell You
Dr. Heather Ashton's lectures on Benzodiazepine Dependence and Withdrawal Methods to heath care providers in Victoria and Vancouver, B.C. are available on DVD:
These pages deal with policy — things we can change to avoid problems in the future:
Updated May 29, 2018