News & Updates
- Do Not Use: Duloxetine (CYMBALTA). WorstPills.org [$15 subscription required] reviews the dangers of this extremely popular drug and discusses why you should not use it to treat depression, anxiety or pain. (June 3/12)
- Antipsychotics linked to childhood diabetes. (November 22/11)
- STRATTERA (atomoxetine) associated with increased blood pressure and increased heart rate. (October 24/11)
- Citalopram: dose-related heart risk confirmed by Health Canada. (January 30/12)
June 11/13 — Rise in off-label use of antipsychotic drugs for B.C. youth soars, study says. See also
- Effect of antipsychotic drugs on children (including the rise in deaths with second generation antipsychotics); and
- List of antipsychotic drugs for adults prescribed to children.
April 22/13 — Addiction to prescribed drugs: round table discussion
April 22/13 — Drug Reactions: The effectiveness of antidepressants
April 9/13 — Diagnosis: Human
March 26/13 — Editorial: Assessing drugs a vital function.
March 26/13 — Drug reactions send 26,000 seniors to hospital.
March 13/13 — Rethinking Depression (this three-part CBC series airs March 7, 14 and 21).
Older stories are archived on the Older Stories page.
Updated: June 11, 2013