News & Updates
March 17/17 — Analysis: Reports of drug side effects see major increase.
January 1/17 — The Daisy Project: escaping psychiatry and rediscovering love. Daisy's story inspires others to never give up, and to believe that they too can regain control and rediscover the light and love in their own lives.
December 8/16 — The harms of antipsychotic drugs: evidence from key studies.
October 24/16 — The Benzodiazepine Medical Disaster is a documentary that tells the hidden story of how benzodiazepines can both maim and kill. Professor Heather Ashton compares it to the Thalidomide scandal. Added to our Video Links.
October 3/16 — Explosion in the number of prescriptions of antidepressants for seniors (French — Le Journal de Montréal). Google translation to English.
September 2/16 — Opiods and anti-anxiety medication are killing white American women.
Older stories are archived on the Older Stories page.
Read our disclaimer:
- PMAG does not provide individual advice or respond to individual requests for assistance.
- We encourage you to seek qualified medical support.
Antidepressants and Violence
Navy-yard Shooter Aaron Alexis's past fell just short of raising alarm.
- Aaron Alexis was on the antidepressant Trazodone at the time of the shootings.
- The timelines and his calm, organized behaviour are well aligned with someone experiencing an antidepressant-induced psychotic episode:
- Aug 23 — prescribed Trazodone for insomnia.
- Aug 28 — still not sleeping, dosage increased.
- Sept 14 — practiced shooting with shotgun and purchased shotgun.
- Sept 16 — shooting.
- The FDA has several reports on the connection between Trazodone and homicide.
See the violence category at RxISK.org.
SSRI Stories has 5000+ news articles documenting antidepressant-induced violence and bizarre behavior.
Updated: March 17, 2017